In 1720 a lady called Margaret French made or got made a monstrance for the Abbess of Poor Clare’s in Dublin. It is inscribed – a really beautiful piece of gold work.
When the Loreto came to Ireland in the early 1800 they stayed with our sisters in Harold’s Cross. Our Abbess gave them a present of this Monstrance as they left to found the Loreto Convent in Rathfarnham, Dublin 14.
When the Loreto Sisters were celebrating their centenary they invited our Abbess Sr Bernadette Keleher, some of the sisters and some of the children to Rathfarnham for Benediction.
The 1720 Monstrance was used at Ceremony.
About two years ago (2016) the Loreto Convent, Stephen’s Green, Dublin was closing and the Monstrance was returned to St Clare’s Convent, Harold’s Cross, Dublin.