A SILENT SOLITUDE WALK:
On Solitude Saturday, in addition to your prayer time spent in the Chapel with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, you are invited – weather permitting – to spend some quiet time taking a Silent Solitude Walk in the Prayer Gardens – front & Back of the Convent enjoying the peace and beauty of the different Sacred Spaces you will discover. You may wish to borrow a warm PRAYER SHAWL from the chest provided – and a ROSARY BEADS.
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. AMEN
- A suggested route for your silent Solitude Walk could begin at:
- Our Lady’s Statue- praying for all the Sick and Suffering
- The Cross- remembering those who are Worried, Sad or Homeless
- The Waterfalls/River Bank – listening to the sound of the water and thanking God for his blessings- thinking about your Family and Loved Ones
- Statue of St Francis – praying for peace and forgiveness in your own heart.
- The Stations of the Cross – Choose one Station and meditate on it.
- The Poustinia – close the door and spend a little time sitting alone.
- Go through the Enclosure Gate – pray for Religious Sisters and brothers.
- The Inner Poustinia “Bethlehem” – another Sacred Space just to be still
- The Cloister Garden – Sit and talk to God who loves you unconditionally and can’t take his eyes off you
- The Sanctuary Garden – Sit beside the Rock and Water feature- pray for Pope Francis, the whole Church, Our World and our Mother Earth.
- The Hermitage – Let God speak to you in this place of absolute Silence
End you Silent Solitude Walk Returning to Our Lady’s Statue.