History of the Community in the Parish:
Sisters were invited to Kenmare from Newry in 1861 to run the Primary School.
They taught in the old brewery until the school was built.
They did the sacristy when the Church was ready.
They fed and clothed the poor of the Parish.
They ran a Child of Mary Sodality (adults) also the Legion of Mary.
They became involved in large variety of Parish works after Vatican 11.