Growth in Prayer & Reflective Living 2019-2020 Information Sheet
Purpose of the course
A one-year programme (30 x 2½ hour sessions) for those who want a closer relationship with God; who struggle with prayer; who want to make choices that are in tune with God’s dream for the world. No expertise in prayer or reflection is required. All are welcome.
So come along, whether you have a specific reason for doing the course or simply want space to explore and reflect on your life in relationship to God, self and others.
The course aims to provide participants with prayer resources and reflection skills that will help them:
- Deepen their relationship with God
- Become more aware of the sense and direction of their lives
- Make choices that reflect their self-identity within an understanding of God’s hopes for the world
- Develop a spirituality that shapes their response to life. Towards this end, and within the framework of the Christian liturgical year, the course provides opportunities to:
- Reflect on your understanding of God and self
- Become aware of the many ways in which God communicates with us
- Become familiar with different methods of prayer as tools for engaging in conversation with God
- Explore some spiritualties as responses to God’s communication
- Develop skills for reflective living
- Explore the relationship between prayer and engagement with the world
- Develop a personal spirituality that integrates prayer and life, and helps shape your response to the latter.
What Follows the Course?
The course is complete in itself. However, it is also a foundation for future possibilities, such as:
- Individual spiritual accompaniment;
- Retreats of various kinds, including the full Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius
The method is reflective and experience-based. Sessions include team input, guided experiences of prayer, time for quiet personal prayer, and opportunities for listening and sharing.
Times and Attendance:
The course will run on Monday evenings from 7 pm to 9.30 pm.
Thanks to the financial support of the Friends of Drumalis, we are pleased say that the suggested donation for this course is £300. It can be paid in stages.
September 16th 23rd 30th
October 7th 14th 21st 28th
November 4th 11th 18th 25th
December 2nd 9th
January 13th 20th 27th
February 3rd 10th 17th 24th
March 2nd 9th 16th 23rd 30th
April 6th 20th 27th
May 11th 18th 25th